Heart Doctor in Boynton Beach, Florida
Dr. Andres Ruiz is a board certified general cardiologist and interventional cardiologist and fellow of the American College of Cardiology. His professional training has made him a confident and skilled interventionalist as well as a compassionate physician to his patients.
Dr. Ruiz’s areas of expertise include management and more importantly prevention of cardiovascular disease as well as interventional treatment of acute and chronic atherosclerotic heart disease.
He has developed special interest in management of pulmonary hypertension, congestive heart failure and peripheral vascular disease. Dr. Ruiz is using cutting edge techniques such as the radial cardiac catheterization to provide excellent treatment as well as superior patient comfort.
Education and Training
Medical School: Health and Science Institute (CES), Medellin, Colombia Doctor in Medicine and Surgery
Residency and Fellowships: Interventional Cardiovascular Disease, Loyola University; Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA; Residency, Internal Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA ; Cardiovascular Training Physician, Santa Maria Cardiovascular Clinic, Medellín, Colombia
Awards and Honors
- Resident of the year nomination. Medical College of Georgia 2008 – 2009.
- Resident of the year nomination. Medical College of Georgia 2005 – 2006.
- Chief Resident nomination for 2006 position. Internal Medicine Residency Program. Medical College of Georgia
- Academic Excellence Award in Internal Medicine. Medical College of Georgia 2004 – 2005
- Ruiz A, Pelaez A, Ramírez J. Characteristics and prevalence of malignant neoplasias of the digestive tract. CES Journal 1999;12(2):37-43.
- Ruiz A, Robinson V, Sharma G. Characteristics of patients with cervical spinal injury requiring pacemaker. Cardiology in Review, July/August 2006;14:4, e8-e11.
- Bryan Wells, MD, Mindy Gentry, MD*, Andres Ruiz-Arango, MD, James Dias, PhD, and Carolyn K. Landolfo, MD. Relation Between Body Mass Index and Clinical Outcomes in Acute Myocardial Infarction. Am J Cardiol 2006;98:474–477